Peter Cook leads Human Dynamics and The Academy of Rock, a creativity and innovation consultancy with an enviable network of associates around the world. We facilitate strategy, creativity, innovation and change through bespoke consultancy, masterclasses, keynotes, training, coaching and mentoring. Author and contributor to 11 books, acclaimed by Professors Charles Handy, Adrian Furnham, Harvey Goldsmith CBE and Tom Peters. Peter appears on BBC TV, Radio, Bloomberg TV, The FT, Independent et al. with his ideas. He won a prize for his work on leadership from Sir Richard Branson, is a writer for Virgin.com and works with Ted Coine’s Open For Business speaker network. Peter has followed three concurrent passions over 30 years: science; business and music:
· Leading innovative Pharmaceutical Product Research and Development teams to bring multi-million dollar life saving drugs safely to the market, including the first treatments for AIDS, Herpes and the development of Human Insulin.
· Trouble-shooting businesses and starting up factories around the world in critical conditions where failure could hurt the enterprise considerably.
· Internal business, organisation development and change consultancy to introduce long-term change to business units and increase their innovation and creativity levels.
· Writing and tutoring for Business Schools at MBA level for blue chip companies around the world.
· Writing and performing music and speaking around the world on the parallels between business and the arts. Peter interviews a wide range of world-class musicians in this role including people connected with Prince, Eric Clapton, Ozzy Osbourne, Deep Purple, Bob Marley, Yes, AC / DC, Meatloaf and The Who.
Peter has an MBA, is a Chartered Chemist, FCIPD and an NLP Old Master. He is also an accomplished rock, pop and jazz musician, having performed alongside Bernie Tormé, John Otway, Wilko Johnson, Patti Russo, Meatloaf’s long-term singing partner and songstress with Queen and Cher. Peter’s keynotes and masterclasses can be accompanied by a roster of class A rock stars and session musicians.
Read an article featuring Peter’s book Sex, Leadership and Rock’n’Roll in The Sunday Times.
Peter Cook Extras
FREE BOOK – Punk Rock People Management - A no-nonsense guide to hiring, inspiring and firing staff.
Available free with copies of Sex, Leadership and Rock’n’Roll by contacting the author In Punk Rock People Management. I have stripped down HR to the bare essentials for busy people and those who are sick of HR jargon getting in the way of running a business. In the punk spirit, each chapter is very short, so you can read one in less time than it takes to pogo to a Sex Pistols or Linkin Park song! Punk Rock PM is organised using the classic ‘Life, Sex and Death HR cycle’, in other words Hiring, Inspiring and Firing. To whet your appetite, chapter titles include:
- Selection - Shall I stay or shall I go?
- Engagement - Pretty vacant
- Conflict - Who killed Bambi?
If you have to get things done with people and can’t get no satisfaction from an HR textbook, try Punk Rock PM for a refreshing difference.