This event has finished
12th annual Protecting Children Update
Practical Strategies for Safeguarding in Schools Conference
The annual Protecting Children Update conference is in its 12th year! This year there are more workshops, more resources and more content than ever before.
Why is this conference relevant? Your safeguarding obligations are constantly growing, guidance is regularly updated and new threats continue to emerge.
Do you have the practical support and guidance you need to help you meet these challenges and protect your pupils?
The 12th annual Protecting Children Update conference provides an opportunity to engage with the country’s leading safeguarding experts, providing you with practical strategies to ensure no child slips through your safeguarding net.
What can I expect?
- Mental health: Gain proven strategies and hear best-practice from across the country to support and protect children suffering from mental health issues Peer on peer abuse: Understand your obligations to protect children from peer on peer abuse and safeguard against ‘mate crime’ across your school.
- Online safety: Sexting, cyber-bullying and social media – learn how to protect children online, educate parents and empower children to understand and protect themselves.
- Child Sexual Exploitation: How to spot the early warning signs of CSE, offer meaningful support and develop clear lines of communication with external agencies.
- Legislation: Gain strategies to put policy into practice, stay up to date with the latest guidance and provide fresh training that resonates with your colleagues.
One of our authors, Nina Jackson, will also be speaking at the conference.
Who should attend?
- DSLs and DCPOs
- Deputy/Assistant Heads
- Local Authority Safeguarding Teams
From Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, FE Colleges and Local Authorities
Click here to book your place at the event and here to view the day’s programme.
Share This Event
Back to All Events