Covering the Curriculum with Stories is an exciting and unique resource, presenting a set of six delightful, cross-curricular play-based projects that deliver outstanding learning experiences.
Designed for children aged 3-7, these projects will make major contributions to your pupils’ literacy and literary skills, teach a whole repertoire of thinking skills and deliver many features of the Foundation and KS1 Curricula in an integrated, cross-curricular way.
- is based on an original story
- uses dramatic and kinaesthetic techniques
- capitalises on children’s natural instinct to play
- lays down important conceptual foundations for later learning
- promotes emotional intelligence, learning-to-learn and citizenship.
The book provides everything you need to know to teach the projects successfully, including:
- clear overviews with precise learning intentions
- simple, clear, step-by-step instructions
- details of pupil activities
- indications of cross-curricular links
- references to QCA programmes of study.
In addition, you will find extensive worksheets and learning materials on the Resources CD inside the back cover.