Crown House Publishing have worked closely with Eduqas on a new series of endorsed textbooks for modern foreign languages covering the reformed GCSEs for England, taught from 2016 and awarded for the first time in 2018. These textbooks, covering the French, German and Spanish GCSE qualifications, have been designed in conjunction with examiners, specification developers and experienced teachers to support learners through the challenges of the new specifications.
They offer engaging and relevant content and provide comprehensive coverage of the Eduqas themes and sub-themes, incorporating all of the new exam components, including:
- Literary and authentic texts
- Listening and reading tasks that correspond to the DfE context and purpose and scope of study requirements (please note the required audio files are available with the relevant teacher guide)
- Role plays, photo cards and conversation questions
- Translation (from and into French)
- Increased focus on grammar including grammar in context sections
- Opportunities for stretch and challenge
The textbook is most effective as a learning resource when used alongside the Eduqas GCSE French Teacher Guide (ISBN 9781785830952) and Eduqas GCSE French Audio Pack (ISBN 9781785831751). The answers to the exercises in the textbook are given in the teacher guide.