Crown House Publishing have worked closely with WJEC on a new series of endorsed textbooks for modern foreign languages. This textbook covers the reformed GCSEs for Wales, taught from 2016 and awarded for the first time in 2018. These textbooks, covering the French, German and Spanish GCSE qualifications, have been designed in conjunction with examiners, specification developers and experienced teachers to support learners through the challenges of the new specifications.
They offer engaging and relevant content and provide comprehensive coverage of the WJEC themes and sub-themes, incorporating all of the new exam components, including:
• Literary and authentic texts
• Listening and reading tasks that correspond to the specification requirements
• Role plays, photo cards and conversation questions
• Translation (from and into French)
• Increased focus on grammar including grammar in context sections
• Opportunities for stretch and challenge
The textbook is most effective as a learning resource when used alongside the WJEC GCSE French Teacher Guide (ISBN 9781785830921) and WJEC GCSE French Audio Pack (ISBN 9781785831768). The answers to the exercises in the textbook are given in the teacher guide.