This book offers teachers a positive alternative for students with challenging behavioural issues and poor results. The techniques and strategies included are practical and clearly presented. Ideal for newly qualified and student teachers as well as experienced teachers looking for an effective solution-based approach.
- How to create a motivational atmosphere
- Stopping behavioural problems before they begin
- Conducting meetings with resistant parents
- Dealing with ADD, anger, abuse, school phobias and depression
- Creating opportunities for students to change their reputations and improve
- Packed with down-to-earth examples and genuine case studies
- Full of useful handouts for teachers
- Photocopiable resources enclosed
Reprint of second edition, original ISBN 0615121535, printed 1999.