This updated third edition includes a new introduction by Conrad Adams PhD together with a revised Chapter 1. Roy Hunter is an expert in the field of hypnosis. He was specially selected to carry on the work of the ‘Grand Master of Hypnotherapy’, the late Charles Tebbetts, who was a master teacher of the art/science of hypnosis and hypnotherapy. This book is based upon the training courses of Tebbetts, which has been updated by Roy Hunter. Tebbetts’ training has formed the basis of a large number of hypnotherapy courses taught both in America and Europe. The Art of Hypnosis is well-written and easy to read and understand, even for the novice. In-depth and practical information is given on how to achieve maximum results in a hypnotic session by phrasing suggestions properly and by using various techniques to determine which approach is best for each individual client.
Areas covered include:
- What is hypnosis and why use it?
- Hypnosis yesterday and today
- Inductions and awakening
- Deepening the hypnotic state
- Testing during hypnosis
- Ethics and potential dangers
- Self-hypnosis for stress coping
- Concepts about the subconscious taught by Charles Tebbetts
- Introducing the Art of Hypnotherapy