Date: 09 June, 2017
Time: 9.30am to 4.30pm
The Welsh Assessment Conference 2017
The guru’s 2017 guide to:
- Rejecting ‘teaching to the test’
- Accepting high-quality formative assessment
- Respond to the educational improvement plan’s focus on strengthening assessment
- Align assessment with the purpose of learning; assessing what matters
The Welsh government has acknowledged the weaknesses in its assessment framework and is fully acting on the recommendations of the Successful Futures report.
To address this national issue, the authors of one of the most famous and influential books in education, Inside the Black Box and other leading assessment players, are joining forces for one day only.
This once-in-a-lifetime event will:
- show why findings from 26 years ago are more important than ever in 2017
- align assessment with the purpose of learning; assessing what matters
- uncover new ways forward for assessment policies and practice
Who will benefit most from this conference?
- Headteachers, senior leaders and assessment leads from primary and secondary schools
- Multi Academy Trusts
- Teaching schools
What will you take back to school?
- 10 key assessment principles
- A wide range of assessment techniques to match to different required outcomes
Clarity on the future of: in-school formative assessment, in-school summative assessment, standardised summative assessment
- A staff training kit
Click here to learn more about the event and to book your place - It’s never too late!