In The Working Class: Poverty, education and alternative voices, Ian Gilbert unites educators from across the UK and further afield to call on all those working in schools to adopt a more enlightened and empathetic approach to supporting children in challenging circumstances.
Written for policy makers and activists as well as school leaders and educators, The Working Class is both a timely survey of the impact of current policies and an invaluable source of practical advice on what can be done to better support disadvantaged children in the school system. Listen to Ian talking about the book here.
Here™s how to get involved in our book club ...
- Click here to buy your copy with free UK postage for just £12.50 (RRP £24.99).
- Use code BotMDec18 at the checkout before midnight on
- 20th December 2018 to take advantage of this fantastic 50% discount!
When your book arrives in the post:
- unpack it and share a photo of it on Twitter
and tag us @crownhousepub
- start reading
- keep reading
- share your thoughts and join in the discussion using #CrownBotM We will also be sharing regular updates using #CrownBotM, so keep your eyes peeled!