Identifying the middle way, taking the best from the traditional and progressive ways of teaching.
- Distilled pioneering approaches to teaching
- Draw on a wide range of cognitive, social and neuroscientific research
Examples and techniques drawn from:
- Expeditionary learning
- Cultures of thinking
- Studio learning
- Habits of mind
- Building learning power
The design principles for developing a high-achieving, independent mindset:
Developing ˜world-class™ schools:
Guest speakers at this event include on of our authors, Guy Claxton - Click here to find out more information on his book ˜The Learning Power Approach™.
- Clarify the difference between Learning Mode and Performance Mode
- Design activities that strengthen learning power
- Why it is important to talk subjunctive rather than declarative
- How to lay out your classroom, and what you should put on your walls
- Build character
- Focus deliberately, systematically, effectively and demonstrably on building ˜learning character™ alongside the acquisition of knowledge and the pursuit of grades
- Enable students to choose, design, research, trouble-shoot and evaluate learning for themselves
- Powerful alterations to atmospheres in the classroom
for more information on this event and the chance to book your place now!
to browse the browse for this event.