Crown House Publishing are delighted to announce that they are working closely with WJEC to ensure endorsement of a new series of textbooks for modern foreign languages. The textbooks cover the reformed GCSEs for Wales, which will be taught from 2016 and awarded for the first time in 2018. These three new textbooks, covering the French, German and Spanish GCSE qualifications, have been designed in conjunction with examiners, specification developers and experienced teachers to support learners through the challenges of the new specifications. They are designed for the teaching of French, German and Spanish through the medium of Welsh.
The textbooks offer engaging and relevant content and provide comprehensive coverage of the WJEC themes and sub-themes, incorporating all of the new exam components, including:
• Literary and authentic texts
• Listening and reading tasks that correspond to the regulator’s requirements
• Role plays, photo cards and conversation questions
• Translation (from and into each language)
• Increased focus on grammar including grammar in context sections
• Opportunities for stretch and challenge