We are delighted to announce that we are working closely with WJEC to ensure endorsement of a new series of textbooks for modern foreign languages. This textbook covers the reformed GCSEs for Wales, which will be taught from 2016 and awarded for the first time in 2018. This new textbook, covering the German GCSE qualification, has been designed in conjunction with examiners, specification developers and experienced teachers to support learners through the challenges of the new specifications.
The textbook offers engaging and relevant content and provides comprehensive coverage of the WJEC themes and sub-themes, incorporating all of the new exam components, including:
• Literary and authentic texts
• Listening and reading tasks that correspond to the regulator’s requirements (please note the required audio files are available with the relevant teacher guide)
• Role plays, photo cards and conversation questions
• Translation (from and into German)
• Increased focus on grammar including grammar in context sections
• Opportunities for stretch and challenge
Click here to download a draft table of contents for this textbook and other titles in this series, as well as a set of unproofed extract sample spreads from the WJEC GCSE German Student Textbook.
Chris Whittaker is an experienced teacher of German and French. He has been a head of department and has always sought innovative and engaging ways to improve teaching and learning. He currently runs First for Languages, which delivers a range of services to businesses, individuals, examination boards and schools.
Bethan McHugh is an experienced MFL teacher and has held numerous positions of responsibility during her career including head of year, head of Spanish, HE adviser and learning leader. She is currently a GCSE Spanish examiner and team leader, CPD presenter and author of assessments and digital resources.