Crown House Publishing’s French, German and Spanish student revision guides – covering the reformed WJEC GCSE qualifications for Wales, taught from 2016 and awarded for the first time in 2018 – have been designed to serve as handy reference books to aid study and as preparatory guides to better inform students of what to expect in their speaking, listening, reading and writing exams.
Containing sample exam-style questions throughout, the revision guides offer engaging content relevant to WJEC themes and sub-themes and will support all students in getting to grips with the material they need to know to pass their GCSE exams.
• Detailed, step-by-step information on each exam’s format; with useful advice, tips and techniques to help guide the student through the stages of each exam
• Examples of the kinds of rubrics, instructions, prompts and questions that students can expect in each exam
• Guidance on how to navigate role plays, photo cards and conversation questions
• Translation (from and into each language) of useful phrases for each topic
• A review of the key grammar points, including revision of verb tables and the composition of sentences using different tenses