This manual is specifically designed for therapists, counsellors and other helping professionals who are looking to add life coaching techniques to their portfolio of skills.
Dave Ellis, author of Falling Awake, has produced a step-by-step practical guide to turning your natural people-helping skills into a profitable life coaching business. Life coaching is not therapy but many of the qualities that therapists possess, and the techniques they use, naturally lend themselves to a life coaching approach. Because Ellis advocates a more directive approach than most authors of life coaching books, this book will naturally appeal to therapists and counsellors used to conducting therapeutic interventions. Life coaching is a fast growing profession and many think it will replace therapy as the primary intervention to get people to live more positive, happy and goal-oriented lives.
- The coaching continuum
- Creating and using a life coaching agreement
- Using the six types of conversation
- Maintaining the appropriate balance in the relationship
- Developing creativity and intuition
- Handling emotions
- Ending the coaching relationship
- Questions and answers about life coaching